The Model 201 Water Level Temperature (WLT) Meter is ideal for measuring static water levels, as well as profiling temperature in wells, boreholes, tanks and open water.
Accurate temperature measurements are clearly displayed on an LCD readout on the faceplate, from -20ºC to +125ºC.
Water level and probe depth measurements are read off the Solinst durable PVDF flat tape. Tape lengths are available up to 2000 ft (600 m).
Also from Solinst, the Model 107 TLC Meter measures water level, temperature and conductivity. (See Model 107 TLC Meter Data Sheet). For datalogging of water level and temperature, see the Model 3001 Levelogger Edge Data Sheet.
|WLT Meter Specifications|
|Temperature reading range:||-20.00°C to +125.00°C|
|Temperature reading accuracy:||+/-0.10ºC from -5ºC to +50ºC;
+/-0.50ºC outside of that range
|Temperature stabilization time:||15 seconds per ºC|
|Probe pressure rating:||Submersible to 1000 ft (300 m).|
|Probe weight:||3.07 ounces (87 grams)|
|Probe size:||5/8" dia., 5.08" long (16 mm x 129 mm)|
|Wetted materials (tape/probe):||PVDF, Santoprene, Delrin, Viton, 316 stainless steel|
|Operating temperature of reel:||-20°C to +60°C|
|Battery life:||90 hours|
|Standard Tape lengths:||Meters: 30, 60, 100, 150, 250, 300
Feet: 100, 200, 300, 500, 750, 1000
Water Level & Temperature Probe
The 201 Water Level Temperature Meter Probe is made of high quality 316 stainless steel. The pressure-proof probe can be submerged to 1000 ft (300 m). The zero measurement point on the probe is close to the tip, keeping water displacement at a minimum.
The temperature sensor is located at the stainless steel tip of the probe, however, since the probe body acts as a heat sink, best accuracy is obtained when the probe is completely submerged. The tape seal plug design allows the probe to be easily replaced, if required.
Water Level Temperature Meter Features
- Accurately measure temperature from -20ºC to +125ºC
- Tape lengths to 2000 ft (600 m)
- Corrosion and chemical-resistant PVDF flat tape
- Standard 9V alkaline battery gives 90 hours of use
- Automatic shut-off after 8 minutes
- Sturdy, standalone reel with ergonomic handle and brake
- No user calibration is required
Water Level & Temperature Applications
Water temperature has a direct affect on the biological activity of aquatic plants and animals, as well as many aspects of water quality and chemistry; therefore, it is an important parameter to monitor.
The Model 201 Water Level Temperature Meter is ideal for:
- Profiling temperature in wells and open water
- Detecting runoff, points of inflow, or other sources of thermal pollution
- Early warning of changes in water quality, including dissolved oxygen levels and conductivity
- Monitoring and predicting changes in aquatic environments
- Geothermal drilling and studies
® Delrin and Viton are registered trademarks of DuPont Corp.